Firmware Engineer 3
Building 88 88/2057 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Firmware Engineer 3
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- As an embedded firmware engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining firmware running on embedded consumer electronics.
- You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test: write, debug, and integrate new device drivers, protocols, and other firmware code across embedded product line.
- Interacting with Hardware, OS, Test, Operations and various other cross-functional teams.
- Review board schematics and data sheets.
- Utilize oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and other test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products.
- Support product development builds locally and remotely.
- BS, MS or PhD in EE required and/or 15+ years of relevant experience.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a must.
- Strong knowledge of Operating Systems principle.
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Experience and understanding of firmware design tools (IAR is a plus) and languages.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Experience with of standard protocols such as USB, I2C, MIPI, and/or wireless technologies (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or other).
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills for multi-processor systems with I2C/SPI, USB and other interconnect bus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.