Field Application Engineer
101 Metro Drive, Suite 500 San Jose, CA 95110
Position Title: Field Application Engineer - PCI-E Interconnection?
Position Description: Our client in San Jose, CA is looking to hire a Staff Field Application Engineer to support their PCI-E Interconnection products.
Job Description: Our client is seeking qualified candidate with the right mix of experience to assist customers with their design and application of our PCI-E interconnection products in the data center segment. Expert application engineering knowledge of PCI-E interconnection(SI, PCB design, system topology), along with the general experience with the PCIe ecosystem including drivers, devices and application protocol such as NVMe will be essential for success with this position.
- Establishes Goals and Objectives with the sales staff and representatives of each target account
- Provide first line, satisfactory technical assistance to customers for closing engineering issues
- Assist customers with product design, validation and qualification
- Author application notes, create demos and examples to demonstrate technical capabilities for the company' s PCI-E interconnection solutions
- Travel to customers and attend trade shows regularly to increase visibility
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with preference given to candidates with advanced degrees
- 5+ years as Systems/Validation/Application engineer, with relevant experience in high speed interconnection like PCI-E, SAS, 10G/40G Ethernet, CCIX, Gen-Z. Direct experience on PCI-E Gen3 and Gen 4 will be highly preferred
- Familiarity with high speed PCB layout, signal integrity, assembly and manufacturing
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to win through relentless execution
- Flexibility to travel (mainly within the US)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.