Detroit, MI 48201 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Contract Feature Owner opportunity located in Detroit (Metro), MI.
- Lead development of features at the systems engineering level from early development to production and handle upgrade plans
- Develop high level design of features
- Develop and maintain feature specifications, failure mode avoidance documentation, feature verification plan, etc
- Develop relationships with the supply base to learn about the latest technologies and possible implementations
- Problem solving
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Surveying Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Related Field
- 6+ months of experience (internship or coursework also permitted) in engineering work in, at least, one of the following areas:
- Technical requirement writing
- Software programming or program management
- CAN tools (e.g., Vehicle spy, CANalyzer, CANoe, etc.)
- 2+ year of proven experience with automotive or aerospace systems
- Engineering experience within Geospatial Information Systems engineering (GIS), GPS, GNSS (Global Navigation Satellite Systems), navigation, localization technologies
- 1+ year of experience working with systems engineering using Agile methodologies or V Model
- 1+ year of experience with in-vehicle communication (e.g., CAN, Ethernet, BLE, WiFi, etc.)
- Functional knowledge of embedded software design (C, C++)
- Location: Detroit (Metro), MI
- Pay Rate Range: $45-50/hr
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.