Failure Analysis Engineer
199 Fremont St, 14th Floor San Francisco, CA 94105
Position Title: Failure Analysis Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Francisco, California.
- Electron Engineering degree or background with experience in product failure analysis.
- Experience using different equipment used for failure analysis, such as a CT/XRAY scan, thermesthesiometer, microscope, see below for other examples.
- Exceptional documentation and analytical skills are a must for this position.
- Experience presenting to non-technical audiences is a plus.
- This person will lead an internal project that covers several product models, to characterize and profile certain failure modes.
- Reading through customer service cases and gaining insights to potential failures
- Understanding of non-destructive and destructive failure analysis
- Understand logs and annotations (e.g., temperature, charge in/out)
- Probe charge and pogo pins
- Measure current and other relevant electronic units of measure
- Surface temperature testing using a thermesthesiometer
- Thermal mapping of product housing and other components
- Visual inspections with and without equipment (i.e., microscope, CT/XRAY, cross-sectioning).
- Visual inspections post teardown
- WF-229 / air leak testing
- WF-100 / water leak testing
- Voltage line probing
- Leak path analysis (red dye, etc.)
- SEM inspection
- General battery functionality and failures
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.