FW Engineer - Control Systems / DSP
1 Microsoft Way Studio A and Studio X (Lab) Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- The position will require working on a cross function team to develop display systems, develop embedded control systems, including control algorithms, feedback mechanisms and calibration.
- Additional responsibilities include creating and maintaining documentation and release notes, contributing to the system specifications and defining functional tests.
- Also responsible for performing design analyses, risk analysis with contingency plans, leading design reviews, manufacturability assessments, verification of design durability and reliability.
- Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering background, with a BS or MS degree.
- Strong math and programming skills- C and python are required, C++ is desirable.
- Must have recent experience with analog electronics, control systems, and/or DSP.
- Experience with PID control systems, exposure in university okay.
- Embedded hardware experience, including understanding schematics, and std comm protocols; I2C, SPI, USB, RS232
- Experience with debugging tools such as JTAG, oscilloscopes and bus analyzers
- Experience in creating test automation framework using Python
- Familiarity with semiconductor lasers, FPGAs and Verilog is desired
- Can be recent graduate- Must be self-driven, with a positive attitude, strong desire to learn and class work in analog electronics, control systems, and/or DSP.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.