FPGA RTL Design Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: FPGA RTL Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- This position will be part of a team responsible for the FPGA code development to prototype and validate new memory system solutions.
- This individual will participate in FGPA code development and IP verification, FPGA system debugging and testing, Lab validation and execution activities.
- This position requires the candidate with expertise of FPGA code development and RTL verification, and with FPGA system bring up and debugging skills.
- FPGA RTL Design Expert
- Expert on Verilog programming
- Fully understand logic design methodologies and tradeoffs
- Familiar with PCIe, AXI and memory protocols
- Good RTL verification and lab debugging skills
- Good FPGA system design knowledge and familiar with Xilinx FPGA build environment
- EE, CE, CS or related fields Bachelor+ (senior level)
- Be able to read and understand technical specifications and communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
- Demonstrated technique problem solving and analytical skills
- Be able to work on a computer; work while standing; move and operate electronics lab test equipment.
- Expertise on FPGA code development and IP verification, Expertise on hardware and software debug tools on FPGA system.
- Experience on memory system e.g. DDR3/DDR4/PCIe interfaces.
- IP verification, DDR3/DDR4 Memory Controller, PCIe Controller
- Proficient in Verilog, and familiar with least one of the following programming languages: C, C++ or Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of Perl or Python scripts is a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.