FPGA Design Engineer
3655 North First Street San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: FPGA Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
This position will be part of a team responsible for the FPGA code development to prototype and validate new compute acceleration solutions. This individual will participate in FGPA code development, FPGA system debugging and testing. This position requires the candidate with expertise of FPGA code development (HLS/OpenCL/Verilog RTL), and with FPGA system bring up and debugging skills.
FPGA Design Expert
• Expert on Verilog RTL / HLS design
• Fully understand logic design methodologies and tradeoffs
• Familiar with PCIe, AXI and memory protocols
• Good RTL verification and lab debugging skills
• Good FPGA system design knowledge and familiar with Xilinx FPGA build environment (Xilinx FPGA, UltraScale+, Vitis, Alveo)
Education: EE, CE, CS or related fields Bachelor+
Year of Experience: 3 yrs+
• Be able to read and understand technical specifications and communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats.
• Demonstrated technique problem solving and analytical skills
• Familiar with C/C++
• Knowledge of Perl or Python scripts is a plus
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.