Export Compliance Manager
West Caldwell, NJ 07006 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for an Export Compliance Manager located in West Caldwell, NJ.
- The Site Expert Compliance Manager maintains the site’s export compliance program and is responsible for all aspects of the site’s export compliance activities,
- including adherence to Group and local policies and procedures, export licensing, auditing, training, and issue investigation, escalation and resolution.
- Site ECM’s work closely with site leadership and the Group ECM to maintain and improve the site’s compliance posture.
- Provide export compliance consultation, guidance, and training in partnership with cross-functional teams, including engineering, quality, operations, sales, contracts, HR, facilities security and others.
- Work closely with site leadership in a trust position to maintain and improve the site’s overall compliance posture.
- Support group and corporate export compliance initiatives, both at the local site level and in close coordination with peers at other sites.
- Shares experiences and collaborates across sites to improve the compliance posture of the system as a whole.
- Participate in group and company-wide calls, meetings, and initiatives.
- Other tasks as assigned by supervisor or management.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of export compliance, contracts management, industrial security or related field.
- 5+ years/expert knowledge of relevant regulations, including those administered by U.S. Departments of State, Commerce, and Treasury (ITAR, EAR, OFAC).
- Demonstrated skill to work independently and proactively and in handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated skill in providing training.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work effectively across functional teams and with senior leadership.
- Ability to distill complex regulatory requirements into business impacts and effectively brief executive leaders.
- Advanced degree such as MBA, JD or joint advanced degree.
- Export compliance experience in the aerospace & defense industry.
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: West Caldwell, New Jersey - Onsite 5 days a week ideally/Hybrid possible but must be local
- Salary Range: $125K-$137K DOE
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.