525 Race Street, Suite 150 San Jose, CA 95126
Position Title: Engineering Technician
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Help with Lab organization including stocking parts, and ordering/maintenance of tools.
- Track and manage inventory for prototypes and finished products.
- Locate, source and order engineering test equipment for RF, audio and other functions.
- Assist engineering staff by bringing-up and troubleshooting boards and systems.
- Support development engineers with performance testing and validation of various digital, analog, and RF hardware functions.
- Hand-build prototypes of digital and analog circuits, and mechanical fixtures as needed
- Provide rework and assembly support, with fine pitch circuit boards.
- Document procedures to analyze field and manufacturing failures
- Self -motivated, responsible, personable, and interested in working on small form-factor products in a fast paced development environment.
- Demonstrated team player with strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to adapt to a rapidly changing technical environment
- Ability to solder and rework components down to 0201s under a microscope using standard machine shop tools
- Solid skills using electronic test equipment such as hand held voltmeters, power supplies, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, DMMs, and frequency generators
- Familiarity with schematic entry and PCB layout with a proven track record of assembling and debugging printed circuit boards
- Proficient in use of MS Word and Excel for capturing procedures and data collection
- Associate/Bachelor’ s Degree in Electronic Technology, or equivalent
- 3+ years of industry experience with fine rework, troubleshooting, and assembly
- High skill level utilizing small form factor board reworking techniques on rigid and flexible PCBs.
- Successful track record of ordering components and working with purchasing, outside vendors, manufacturing engineers, and contract manufacturers
- Excellent electrical assembly and debugging skills
- RF experience with antennas, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, power meters and Lightpoint test equipment as well as audio and acoustic tests a plus.
- No travel required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.