12950 Willows Road NE Kirkland, WA 98034 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting long-term contract opportunity for an Engineering Technician with our client located in Kirkland, WA.
- The Engineering Technician will perform technical tasks to assist engineering with electronic systems and technical activities relating to product development.
- Performs engineering activities such as, test, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, or specialized test equipment.
- Works from knowledge, skills and abilities to generate conceptual plans based on discussions, notional diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, or layouts to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Determines methods or actions to remedy complex malfunctions.
- Design, construct, test and verify test equipment.
- Associate degree (AS) in Electronics Technology or related field/ equivalent electronics military schooling and experience required.
- Demonstrates proficiency 5 years of direct experience in the essential functions of the position)
- At least 5 years in electronics troubleshooting and repair
- Advanced Electrical/electronic circuit/component knowledge
- Intermediate knowledge of computer SW and operating systems - Office Suite Software, and familiarity with object-oriented development software such as C# programming (for automated test), any type of schematic capture and simulation software and data analysis such as SQL.
- Aerospace equipment test experience, such as DO-160 testing, highly preferred but not required.
- Job Type- Contract hire
- Location: Kirkland, WA
- Pay Range: $31.76 - 39.50/hr.
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.\
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.