Engineering Project Manager
2100 Gold Street San Jose, CA 95002 | Direct Hire
Position Title: Engineering Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Coordinating activities and driving all active Engineering Projects between San Jose, Shenzhen and OEM partnerships.
- Schedule integrality, timely closure of field issues along with quality and regulatory items, new product introduction, risk management, documentation generation along with budget adherence.
- Report to the VP of Engineering but work closely with the Head of Operations, Head of Service, and Head of OEM relationships.
- Manage development Engineering Projects between San Jose and Shenzhen (schedule, budget, issues / risks, reporting, planning, report generation, document generation, quality and regulatory issues)
- Coordinate activities of corporate partnerships (new product introduction, schedule, quality / regulatory items, field issues, enhancement requests, open items, manufacturing and service)
- BS / technical degree required (MBA desired)
- 3+ years Engineering Project / management
- 3+ years of experience working in a regulated field
- Management experience desired
- Operational experience desired
- Service experience desired
- Must be a self starter / driver
- Extremely organized with a passion for closing out open items
- Ability to drive a supported consensus between a diverse group of individuals and organizations
- Detail oriented with good written, verbal and organizational skills
- PC skills including use of Power Point, MS Office
- Ability to negotiate tradeoffs between groups
- Balanced champion for the company as well as the Engineering Project stake holders
- Strong work ethics
- A solid understanding of the company’ s market: products, players, technologies
- Ability to speak Mandarin is a plus
- Must be able to travel (15%) by auto and plane domestic and international
- This position requires visits to the headquarters, corporate partnership headquarters, field offices and end customer sites.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.