Engineering Project Manager
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Engineering Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Engineering Project Manager:
- Proven ability to successfully manage large scale projects and teams that deliver new products to market on schedule and within budget constraint.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with contract and offshore teams collaboratively with a local development team
- Experience managing all phases of the product development life cycle (desired experience includes transitioning product development efforts to product manufacturing)
- Ability to understand complex technical product from a software perspective that interacts with multiple engineering disciplines (including manufacturing, systems, mechanical, RF engineering)
- Thrives in a dynamic, highly ambiguous entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to interface with product and business development teams, and coordinate with technical teams to structure technology development efforts to meet customer requirements
- Capability to work with a variety of stakeholders to establish project plans including scope of work, schedules and budget
- Ability to generate strategic program plans and then execute the plan to meet the business objectives
- Proven success for developing rapport and managing expectations by effectively communicating project status to all levels of the organization.
- Skills to create and maintain project schedules in Microsoft Project and / or Smartsheets preferred, monitor project team progress and adjust as required to assess risks and control scope
- Ability to align waterfall external commitments with agile internal process.
- Proven record of driving projects to completion by working to enable the team.
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in a job as a project lead, product owner, engineering project manager for software or software team manager, preference for embedded systems development
- 1-3 years of experience as a software developer or similar hands on technical role’
- 10 years of consumer electronics experience desired
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles
- Strong working knowledge of Jira or similar project management software
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team, preferably in the field of communications engineering, real-time embedded Linux applications, web technologies such as RESTful API design and HTML5 and computer security.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.