Embedded Software Engineer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer in Kent, WA.
- Minimum B.S degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with C/C++ for micro-controllers including unit testing
- Working knowledge of Operating System Fundamentals
- Working knowledge of communications protocols such as UDP/TCP, I2C, UART, etc.
- Working knowledge of hardware components such as an MMU, MAC, DMA, Flash, etc.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with Matlab & Simulink
- Passion for programming and/or spaceflight demonstrating familiarity with any of the following: Makefiles, Linker Scripts, Doxygen, Docker, C#, Rust, JSON, YAML, Verilog, VHDL, Bash, TCL
- Experience with Real-time Operating systems such as FreeRTOS, ThreadX, or Linux (Preempt RT, Xenomai, etc.)
- Experience with Driver, Bootloader, or Kernel Development Experience with debuggers, profiling, and tracing
- Experience in real-time and/or safety critical software development
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.