Embedded Software Engineer
21218 76th Avenue S Kent, WA 98058
Position Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer in Kent, WA.
- Minimum B.S degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with C/C++ for micro-controllers including unit testing
- Working knowledge of Operating System Fundamentals
- Working knowledge of communications protocols such as UDP/TCP, I2C, UART, etc.
- Working knowledge of hardware components such as an MMU, MAC, DMA, Flash, etc.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- M.S. degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Experience with Matlab & Simulink
- Passion for programming and/or spaceflight demonstrating familiarity with any of the following: Makefiles, Linker Scripts, Doxygen, Docker, C#, Rust, JSON, YAML, Verilog, VHDL, Bash, TCL
- Experience with Real-time Operating systems such as FreeRTOS, ThreadX, or Linux (Preempt RT, Xenomai, etc.)
- Experience with Driver, Bootloader, or Kernel Development Experience with debuggers, profiling, and tracing
- Experience in real-time and/or safety critical software development
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.