Embedded SW Engineer
1 Microsoft Way Studio A and Studio X (Lab) Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Embedded SW Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- As an embedded software engineer you will be responsible for creating and maintaining software/tools running-on/interacting-with embedded system.
- You will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product bring-up and test.
- Interacting with Hardware, Test, and various other cross-functional teams.
- Utilize test equipment to troubleshoot hardware/software issues.
- Enable test strategies for new components in upcoming products.
- Support product development builds locally and remotely.
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- BS in CS or equivalent
- Demonstrable programming skills in C and C++.
- Understanding of basic testing, coding, and debugging procedures.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Hands-on experience in design, development and launch of high-volume consumer electronic product is a plus.
- Familiar with C#, PowerShell, and Python is a plus.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.