Embedded SW Engineer
19625 62nd Avenue South Suite B103 Kent, WA 98032
Position Title: Embedded SW Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Kent, Washington.
- Develop, unit test, integrate, benchmark, and document product-level embedded software.
- Collaborate with Software and Firmware Engineers to define the interaction between subsystems and components.
- Partner with other Engineers, Software Lead, Project Managers, and Product Managers to define the scope, acceptance criteria, and planning of software features.
- Work within and be accountable to Agile development processes as a member of an interdisciplinary product development team.
- Plan and estimate assigned tasks with input from Software Lead.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Strong proficiency with modern C++ 11 or higher is required (e.g. C++11 standard).
- Strong background in Linux, preferably Embedded Linux, and products utilizing open source.
- Experience developing software for embedded devices.
- Solid software development fundamentals such as unit testing, build automation, branched based development, and modern documentation practices.
- BS. Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar field from an accredited university is required.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with distributed software architectures and developing independent application services on Linux.
- Experience with Qt and QML in an embedded environment is a bonus - not requried
- Low-level embedded experience such as board-support packages, patching, driver integration, or firmware development.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.