Embedded Firmware Engineer
400 Fairview Ave. N. Seattle, WA 98109
Position Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Seattle, Washington for an experienced Embedded Firmware Engineer.
- Develop firmware for RAIN RFID chip and module products in C++. This could include implementing air interface protocols, hardware device control, API enhancements, and/or developers tools
- Collaborate with hardware design and systems engineers to define functionality, design architecture, and test requirements
- Contribute to and benefit from our world-class build system and continuous integration services
- Participate in Agile/Scrum iterative design and development process
- Strong background in the fundamentals of computer science and software engineering. BS or MS in electrical engineering or computer engineering, or computer science is ideal.
- Demonstrated track record in successfully shipping multiple products. Ideally you will have at least 5+ years experience.
- High degree of proficiency in developing firmware in C/C++ and any scripting language, preferably Python
- Expertise with using ARM based micro-controllers
- Understanding of RF concepts and/or experience developing embedded software for wireless communication products Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills in an embedded environment
- Committed to a collaborative, respectful, accountable and inquisitive work style and working environment
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.