Embedded Firmware Engineer
17425 NE Union Hill Road, Suite 150 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Position Description: Protingent has an opportunity for a Embedded Firmware Engineer in Redmond, WA.
- Responsible for the firmware development of L’ Oreal beauty devices.
- Develop software requirements from product functional requirements.
- Define firmware architecture. In some cases, develop embedded firmware to meet software and product requirements and in other manage firmware development with external design engineering firms.
- Drive firmware verification activities to ensure design meets product specifications.
- Interact with revision control and document control systems to release firmware.
- Support released products to drive product improvements/upgrades.
- Work with hardware design teams to provide input for microcontroller selection and hardware architecture.
- Participate in design reviews with electrical and mechanical design teams.
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related experience.
- 3+ years of firmware development experience including all phases of the product development lifecycle including: development of requirements, architecture selection, firmware development, verification and validation activities and post-release support.
- Experience developing firmware for low power embedded microcontrollers (Cortex M, Renesas RL78, Microchip PIC, etc).
- Strong C programming skills.
- Working knowledge of typical hardware interfaces: I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART, etc.
- Familiarity with wireless communication technologies (BLE, RFID, WiFi)
- Experience with RTOSs and multi-threaded embedded applications.
- Experience with designing IoT Devices is a plus
- Experience with designing Consumer Products is a plus
- Experience with Configuration Management tools (git, Subversion).
- Excellent lab troubleshooting skills; experience with DMMs, Oscilloscopes.
- Demonstrated ability to support multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.