Electronic Hardware Design Engineer
1705 132nd Avenue NE Bellevue, WA 98005
Position Title: Electronic Hardware Design Engineer
Position Description: Our Eastside client is looking to hire an Electronic Hardware Design Engineer to join their team. The ideal candidate will have an EE degree and 5+yrs. experience with both analog and some digital circuit design. Low power design experience would also be a plus but not required.
Job Duties: include feasibility analysis, refining detailed product specifications, hardware design and documentation, circuit analysis, schematic capture, specify PCB layout requirements, hardware unit testing, functional test support, and support of test and manufacturing.
- Develop electronic hardware for use in industrial environments.
- Work effectively as a member of a cross functional team to meet product development cost, schedule and performance goals through all phases of the Product Development Process.
- Develop creative solutions to complex design problems using technical skills, experience, and consultation with other engineers.
- Create engineering documentation and provide technical approval as part of a product development team.
- Collaborate with other hardware and software design engineers on technical issues and design reviews.
- Investigate new technologies as they might apply to the needs of the industrial control market.
- Interact with supply chain personnel and manufacturing engineers.
- Occasional participation in customer interactions, typically lead by Product Management personnel, to explore new product opportunities, refine requirements, or address issues with existing products.
- Solid precision Analog circuit design experience including signal conditioning, multiplexers, 20+ bit ADCs, 16+ bit DACs, lownoise isolated and non-isolated low power DC/DC converters.
- Some exposure to Digital circuit design including embedded microcontrollers, memories, interface ICs, discrete logic and/or FPGA/CPLD.
- Circuit design experience meeting CE and Marine EMI/EMC requirements.
- BSEE or equivalent.
- 5+ years of electronic hardware design experience.
- Experience in all phases of hardware development from product concept and feasibility through manufacturing introduction and sustaining phases.
- Experience with prototyping, design qualification testing, low-level circuit testing, troubleshooting and debugging.
- Experience with Altium Designer or similar tool.
Nice to Have:
- FPGA design using VHDL and/or Verilog.
- Analog and digital circuit simulation.
- Experience with low power
- Knowledge of UL and CE design requirements for industrial products.
- Knowledge of “ C” programming in embedded systems would be helpful.
- Communication interfaces and protocols such as Ethernet, SPI, RS-232, RS-485, CAN, MODBUS.
- Experience with industrial instrumentation – I/O modules, thermocouples, RTDs, counters and flow meters.
- Experience with IEC 61508 functional safety development projects.
- Knowledge of Industrial control equipment – Programmable Logic Controllers, ladder logic.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.