Electro-Optical Test Engineer - Display
Building 88 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Electro-Optical Test Engineer - Display
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- The successful applicant will perform electro-optical display testing of tablet-class devices by using automated optical measurement test equipment and writing and maintaining scripts for automated test instrumentation.
- The tasks involve using optical test set-ups such as hard/soft mounts, operating instrumentation, and following instructions to reprogram display driver boards and load OS and UEFI codes.
- The job also includes logging, analyzing, and summarizing data and troubleshooting displays and test set-ups.
- The candidate should expect to work with minimal supervision.
- Availability to provide after-hours support when required is a plus.
- Minimum AA/BS in Physics, Engineering, Optics, or similar field.
- 1-2 years or more experience in hardware testing/electronics debugging.
- Basic electronic skills (read schematic drawings, understand and troubleshoot circuit diagrams, simple hardware modifications).
- Computer skills (WinOS, MS Office).
- Good written and oral communication skills.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience with electronic displays and display optical measurement equipment (imaging colorimeters, spectroradiometers, integrating spheres, optical detectors and components, oscilloscopes).
- Programming and automated test platforms (e.g. C++, C#, VB.NET, LabView).
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.