Electrical Engineering Manager - Power Electronics
84 Hill Ave NW Ft Walton Beach, FL 32548 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for an Electrical Engineering Manager in Power Electronics at our client's Fort Walton Beach, FL location.
The Engineering Manager for the Power Electronics electrical design group manages engineering design and sustaining activities and implements and maintains engineering objectives and initiatives. This role manages resources involved power electronics hardware, software, and systems engineering for the creation and improvement of products. The power electronics design engineering manager will contribute at the highest level to technology development, new product development, new product introduction, and to customer interface on new business, development programs, and R&T initiatives.
- Provide leadership and management for power electronics product development and sustaining programs and activities
- Provide technical review, guidance, and oversight of new product development, R&T projects, and production sustaining issues for power electronics products.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of design activities
- Plan and manage the deployment of resources for multiple projects
- Establish and monitor department budgets
- Encourage and provide opportunity for continued relevant technical training
- Review and set up optimized work flow
- Establish and maintain design guidelines and design processes
- Provide the appropriate skill mix to sustain and grow the business and to meet customer requirements
- Provide interface and direct/indirect support to outside suppliers, 3rd party development activities, and customer product integration
- Develop, enhance and maintain a core team (of 10 electrical engineers) as well as an external network of consultants, contractors and suppliers to support product development
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor or management
- 10+ years’ related power electronics experience
- 3-5 years’ supervisory/management experience of Electrical Engineers or similar
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering (preferred) or related field
- Background in power electronics/analog required either as education or applied experience. Ideally high power (600V DC input)
- Demonstrated experience with relevant standards and practices
- Demonstrated strong customer orientation
- Expert knowledge of power electronics design, ideally for a multi-kilowatt military / harsh environment power conversion applications and or automotive vehicle electrification
- Demonstrated through peer review, publications, patents, and/or track record of successful new products or technology applied to products
- Understanding of power electronics topologies, circuit design, and modelling sufficient to guide and/or assist in those efforts for new product design and R&T
- Understanding of SW design process for requirements management and verification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interface with customers and external technology leaders at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to plan and accomplish goals based on extensive experience and judgement
- Demonstrated ADVANCED skills in all of the following responsibilities: employee development, team building, business acumen, continuous improvement, systems and tools, project management
- Ability to travel 10-20% to customers or events every couple of months.
- Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Background in vehicle electrification such as John Deer, Caterpillar, Ford, etc.
- Experience with High power (600V DC input) power electronics/analog either through education or work experience.
- Job Type-Direct hire
- Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL - Onsite
- Salary Range: $130K-$150K DOE +7.5% bonus that can double depending on company performance
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.