Electrical Engineering Manager
9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity for an Electrical Engineering manager with our client located in Wilsonville, OR.
- This role requires a high mix of customer and supplier interfacing, people management, and senior level electrical engineering knowledge and application.
- The Engineering Manager is responsible for overall management and performance of an electrical engineering team against business objectives.
- In the Engineering Manager role, you will significantly contribute to high priority projects including helping guide the architecture, design, development, and implementation of custom electrical systems for precision automation application.
- Manages individual and team performance to meet project and business objectives.
- Assists Technical Director in assessing new technologies and updating the base electrical architecture.
- Leads an electrical engineering team in the design of panel based electrical controls and custom electrical systems
- Performs in a working manager position requiring individual contribution to develop electrical solutions on Engineer-to-Order systems.
- Mentorship, coaches, and guides personal development for the electrical engineering team
- Component specification, selection, and integration including PLCs, motors, controllers, servos, robots, power supplies, circuit breakers, cameras, lasers, filters, and sensors etc.
- Lead and define the electrical architecture from initial proposal to final machine buy-off.
- BSEE (required) or MSEE (preferred)
- 10 years of recent, direct, and hands on electrical engineering experience in automation/manufacturing industry
- 5 years of experience managing an engineering design team as a manager or leading project-based teams
- Ability to make schematics and drawings to implement controls using AutoCAD Electrical
- Experience implementing electrical controls for motion controllers, servo/stepper motors, robotics, stages, power supplies, safety circuits, designing panel based electrical controls and layouts (2D and 3D), pneumatic circuits, vision systems, sensors would be needed on a daily basis for this position hence experience hands on experience is required in these areas
- Familiarity with safety requirements and risk assessments
- Experience working in a product lifecycle management software environment, implementing ECO/ECR a plus
- Familiarity with UL508, NFPA79, & CE standards required.
- Direct Hire
- Salary Range: $130K-$150K
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.