17425 NE Union Hill Road, Suite 150 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Electrical Engineer.
- Electrical Design Updates– Take ownership of electrical hardware design updates for devices that are in ongoing production. This includes updates to schematics, layout, assembly drawings and BOMs. Evaluate technical solutions for a variety of engineering problems. Work on a cross functional team with mechanical, firmware, test and manufacturing engineers. Plan and execute verification testing for product updates.
- Product Evaluation – Develop and update product performance and quality standards. Establish and update product performance baselines and work with quality team to monitor ongoing quality. Work with quality team to troubleshoot and resolve product quality issues.
- Manufacturing Support - Act as an Engineering liaison to Operations. Troubleshoot production issues. Participate in Material Review Board activities, including component obsolescence and root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Project Management – Performs duties of tactical project manager and/or project engineer to plan and coordinate all aspects of sustaining activities from issue identification to design updates and implementation. Prioritize workload across several concurrent activities.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering required.
- 7+ years of device development experience including all phases of the product development lifecycle, including concept, design, vendor & component selection, implementation, verification and validation activities necessary for product commercialization required.
- 7+ years of computer based engineering tools experience required. Prefer experience with Altium, OrCAD/PADS, LTSpice, C/C++ IDEs, Matlab, LabView or equivalent.
- 5+ years of analog, digital, firmware/software design experience. Experienced with 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers.
- Strong ability to specify, design and manage layout of cost effective, highly reliable PCB assemblies and associated documentation (BOM, component specifications, etc.) for off-shore mass production. Some travel may be required.
- Excellent lab troubleshooting skills and ability to rework SMT assemblies without assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules.
- Strong track record for managing engineering details while clearly communicating status to non-technical staff.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.