10885 NE 4th Street, Suite 250 Bellevue, WA 98004
Position Title: Electrical Engineer
Position Description: Our Bellevue Client is looking to add Sr. and Jr. Electrical Engineers to their well funded and established Start Up.
You will be responsible for all phases of design and development of board-level analog and digital hardware, including selecting components, creating PCB layouts, and characterizing and debugging circuits. The ideal candidate will have experience in system design, possess good communication skills and have experience in end-to-end product development.
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of EE experience preferred for Sr. role and 3+ yrs. for Jr. opening,
- 4+ years experience in analog electronics design ideally
- Experience architecting, designing and implementing both analog, digital and high-speed circuits is required
- Good written and verbal communication; ability to explain complex concepts and designs to colleagues across disciplines
- Proficiency with industry standard PCB design tools (Altium experience preferred)
- Experience creating and releasing product drawings, documents and BOMs
- Experience working with suppliers to ensure components meet design requirements & ability to diagnose design problems
- Familiarity with common lab tools (oscilloscopes, multimeters, signal generators, etc.)
- Good soldering skills and ability to rework circuits
- Ability to perform board characterization, validation, debugging and troubleshooting
- Experience in product design and development in an R&D environment
- Ability to present technical findings or project status to cross-functional teams and management through meeting minutes, design reviews and presentations
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Master’ s of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Familiarity with design for testability and manufacturability principles
- Experience in switch-mode and linear power supply design and PCB layout, thermal design and analysis
- Experience with signal integrity, power integrity, EMI and ESD
- Knowledge and experience of board-level and module-level shielding and grounding
- Low voltage, high current and short pulse schematic design and PCB layout experience
- Familiarity with simulation tools such as P-SPICE
- Experience with ADCs, DACs and common communication protocols (I2C, SPI, UART, RS485, etc.)
- Mixed-signal circuit design (board level) and assembly experience
- Knowledge of device physics for BJT, JFET and MOSFET for both switch-mode and linear operation
- Knowledge of various sensors, low-signal and low-power design experience
- Excellent end-to-end system debug skills and ability to create an efficient test setup
- Embedded programming skills (AVR, STM32 or similar)
- Experience working/partnering with mechanical engineers and delivering simple mechanical prototype solutions
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.