Electrical Engineer 2
Building 88 88/3767 Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Electrical Engineer 2
Position Description: Protingent Staffing is looking for a Sr. Engineer to focus on the electrical system design for this exciting long term contract opportunity with our client in Redmond, Washington.
- Develops Schematics and BOM to meet the design requirements.
- Analyzes the design with simulation tools and calculations to verify its conformance to the design requirements.
- Collaborate with mechanical engineering, firmware, hardware verification, and many other engineering and design disciplines to optimize the overall system of the product from concept to completion in the factory
- Works with suppliers, contractors, and engineering services to ensure that the product is developed on time with high quality
- Design, build and test rapid prototypes for evaluation of new product ideas or technology concepts.
- Conducts design/debug investigations and support development, maintenance, failure analysis, and resolution activities.
- Develop project documentation including specifications, schematic diagrams, PCB layouts, schedules and presentations to meet requirements and communicate the electrical design and its progress
- Minimum BS/MS in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience designing, implementing, and shipping high volume consumer electronics products of medium to high complexity.
- Hands-on design experience preferred in analog/ digital electronics ranging from: RF, analog, digital, audio, video, power, electromechanical, low power, charging, touch display, and sensors.
- Experience preferred with x86 PC and or ARM architectures and implementation of high speed serial busses (SATA, PCIe, USB) and/or high speed parallel busses such as: memory bus (DDR2/3, etc.)
- Proficient in high speed digital design, signal integrity, layout, and power distribution techniques of modern processors
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills with a solid understanding of core engineering principles, fundamental circuit design, and analytical techniques is required.
- Strong communication skills required, including the ability to clearly express technical concepts in verbal and written forms.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.