Electrical Engineer - Motor Control
241 S Abbe Rd Elyria, OH 44035 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity as an Electrical Engineer with our client located in greater Elyria, OH.
- Ability to work under supervision and uses established procedures to perform engineering duties in researching, planning, designing, and developing the electrical and mechanical aspects of products for use in the Aerospace or Electronics marketplace.
- Work on new product designs, modernization, and upgrades, as well as performs extensive analyses to ensure cost, quality, and customer requirements.
- Use computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform daily assignments, applying principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems.
Project Management / Technical Leadership Responsibilities
- Estimate and maintain effective control of project cost and schedule.
- Work effectively with all functional groups and/or suppliers to achieve product performance and cost targets.
- Define and manage technical and program requirements, including the generation and flow-down of subsystem specifications and requirements.
- Maintain technical liaison with customers, suppliers, contractors and other functional groups through effective teamwork and communication.
- Prepare technical reports and documentation necessary to satisfy customer and program requirements, including proposals, procedures, reports, correspondence, etc.
- Provide instruction, guidance, oversight and/or support to other personnel and/or disciplines supporting program objectives through utilization of engineering orders, test procedures, purchase requisitions, correspondence and other effective means.
- Maintain accurate program accounting through effective utilization of project records and data management.
- Identify, lead and/or support process definition and improvement efforts through support of Kaizen events or similar assignments.
- Primary agent for product design insuring that all system and/or electrical engineering design and analysis activities are complete, accurate, and meet program requirements. Responsibilities include the following categories:
- Product Architecture, performance, modeling, analysis, weight, reliability, materials, safety, etc.
- Create, review and/or approve product drawings, drawing release packages, drawing revisions and other design documentation in concurrence with company procedures and RTCA DO 178 / 254 guidelines and DO 160 (when applicable).
- Support the Material Review Board (MRB) in the assessment and disposition of non-conforming hardware and material within the scope of assign products.
- Experience: 2-5 years of relevant work experience
- Education/Certification: BA or BS Degree in an engineering discipline. Masters or PhD preferred.
- System Architecture
- Motor Control Theory
- Electronics Circuit Design
- Stress and Strain
- Control System Modeling
- Drawing Layout/Stack-ups/Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Heat Transfer
- Software (Matlab, Visual Basic, etc.)
- Direct Hire
- Location: Elyria, OH Campus - Onsite-Hybrid schedule which allows for the option of up to 2 days/week of work-from-home
- Salary Range: 75K-95K (DOE plus annual company bonus)
- Work Authorization: ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3) is required
- An offer of employment is contingent on successfully passing a drug test and background check, and applicants who do not successfully pass both the drug test and background check will not be considered for employment.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.