Electrical Design Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Title: Electrical Design Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Electrical Design Engineer opportunity with our client located in Bellevue, Washington.
- Responsible for coordinating with geographically diverse and international design team members to develop supporting design documentation.
- Lead design efforts for electrical systems (sub-system) from requirements through final design.
- Perform engineering and design evaluations in the application of nuclear codes and standards, licensing requirements, and NRC regulations.
- Provide technical direction and guidance to engineers in applicable nuclear and non-nuclear related design standards.
- Identify and ensure effective application of correct design codes such as IEEE, etc.
- Analyze and apply regulatory criteria and standards to system design.
- Develop and review technical design documents, such as System Requirements Documents, System Design Descriptions, Interface Control Documents, Engineering Design Specifications, etc.
- Create and manage drawing packages of system and sub-system designs
- Generate integrated design deliverables for key systems and sub-systems
- Provide technical direction and oversight of supplier projects, working with the contract administrator to ensure delivery of data and other deliverables to meet company's requirements, as well as coordination and performance of technical reviews of deliverables.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate electrical design with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts.
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- Review electrical system design work covering one-line diagrams, system specifications, equipment specifications, and other electrical system design documents for nuclear demo plant.
- Perform AC & DC electrical calculations (load flow, short circuit, voltage drop) and equipment sizing calculations (KAIC rating, battery sizing, bus & cable sizing).
- Plant on-site power production system design and load sequence development.
- Provide assistance in SSC classification for systems, regulatory guidance and related industrial codes for required deliverables.
- Develop test requirements, plans and procedures for testing activities for unique components in a high temperature environment.
- Support the design, development of system control and interface devices (Reactor Trip breaker, salt pump trip breakers, protective relaying data, etc.)
- Interface with subcontractors, providing direction and assistance for their work as required.
- B.S. degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, advanced degree a plus and will count toward years of experience.
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience in electrical system design, equipment procurement, fabrication, testing and analysis.
- Experience of electrical and I&C equipment at temperatures (in excess of 400C) is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with new build project highly preferred.
- Proficient in the use of E-Tap very highly preferred but not required.
- Ability to work within a budget and a schedule required.
- Experience with data acquisition and controls for complex engineering systems with many I/O signals from highly varied sensors and instruments
- Field experience in start-up/commissioning, troubleshooting, diagnostics, testing, and calibration of electrical/I&C systems a plus.
- Capable of electrical calculations to determine the circuit protection and protective devices required for power and control circuits
- Ability to produce design deliverables (single-lines, schematics, wiring diagrams, cable schedules, equipment layouts, ect)
- Familiarity with electric device performance and limitations in a radiation and high temperature environment highly desirable
- Familiarity with quality assurance and quality control standards and practices preferred
- Familiarity with electrical design per electrical codes and regulations (e.g. NFPA 70/70E/79, UL, IEEE, 10CFR) preferred.
- Experience with Nuclear plant Instrumentation and Controls a plus.
- Familiarity with working with and/or developing industrial process flow diagrams (PFD) and piping & instrument diagrams (P&ID) a plus
- Familiarity with Solidworks, AVEVA E3D, and/or AutoCAD for experimental design a plus
- Ability to participate in a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, scientists and technicians with demonstrated results
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills, creative thinker
- Ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently during a given work week
- Ability to handle projects that include multiple objectives and ability to resolve conflicts between objectives.
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to work independently to solve challenging problems and provide recommendations in a timely manner
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trustworthiness and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Exact title and compensation will be determined based on experience.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.