EMI/EMC Test Engineer
Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: EMI/EMC Test Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced EMI/EMC Test Engineer:
- Responsible for testing products in accordance with worldwide laws and directives with regards to regulatory compliance of wireless access products (WiFi, Cellular, Bluetooth and Satellite)
- Work proactively with engineering during design/development process to ensure compliance during all stages of product design
- Produce and maintain required test data (internal and external) to show conformance to legal and regulatory requirements
- Review legal and regulatory reports confirming compliance
- Develop automated test fixtures and Software as needed for various Compliance tests
- BS in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 5-7 years experience with test plan and execution experience
- Experience with ESD, EMC and EMI testing (emissions and immunity)
- Ability to review designs and offer suggestions for improvements
- Experience with RF measurement and radio test equipment
- Experience with generating, reviewing and executing regulatory compliance test plans
- General knowledge of regulatory compliance process pertaining to wireless communication products
- General knowledge of regulatory compliance process involving regulatory bodies/standards such as ETSI, CE and FCC
- Familiarity with Labview
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.