10801 120th Ave NE #200 Kirkland, WA 98033
Position Title: EMC/EMI Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Kirkland Washington for an experienced EMC/EMI Engineer.
- Work with Product Development to ensure requirements are met for EMI and EMC standards (from PCB to subassembly and assembly level) during product engineering process
- Review schematics, parts placement and layouts for compliance to EMC design standards
- Review mechanical housings for compliance to EMC standards
- Perform EMI/EMC simulations with RF simulators
- Perform EMI/EMC simulations with analog circuit simulators
- Review EMI/EMC Test data to assist in root cause and corrective actions
- Assist in development & executing automated EMC review tools/scripts and testing
- Develop and perform EMI/EMC testing and troubleshooting of products in the lab
- Communicate periodic status and known risks (with proposed solutions) on the projects
- Perform corrective engineering on products when designs tests don' t meet standards
- Maintain and update all business parties and technical teams as necessary
- Responsible for equipment needs, requests, calibration and verification prior to tests
- Bachelor' s Degree in Electrical Engineering Physics or related, EET would be considered
- Multiple years as an Electrical Engineer, Compliance Engineer, EMI Engineer, EMC Engineer or related title
- Multiple years of developing electronics to meet EMI/EMC standards
- Experience with Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) theory, signal integrity, and power quality
- Multiple years of experience with Spectrum Analyzers, EMI receivers, signal generators, RF power meters, RF amplifiers, antennas; etc.
- Experience within hands-on EMI/EMC lab troubleshooting
- Experience with IC level EMI/EMC specifications/methods
- Experience with EMI / EMC software tools
- Ability to write scripts in Python preferred
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.