EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER
alameda, CA 94501 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Embedded Software Engineer job opportunity located in Alameda, CA
- Develop Core OS technologies for our embedded Operating Systems VxWorks.
- Work on Hypervisor technology with emphasis on VxWorks as a guest OS.
- Develop and deliver high quality design, code, and test following a CI/CD model and agile methodology.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using Agile development.
- Be part of the WR Studio program that offers the Edge Device solutions.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Excellent programming skills using C
- Experience in assembly, Python, and other development language a plus.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Experience with RTOS software development such as core OS kernel capabilities.
- Low level device driver, BSP board bring up, or architecture level development is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Direct Hire
- Location: Alameda, Ca (100% Remote is an option)
- Salary Range: DOE $140k-150k
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.