Director of Manufacturing Engineering
11911 North Creek Parkway South Bothell, WA 98011
Position Title: Director of Manufacturing Engineering
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Bothell, Washington.
- Develop and direct the Manufacturing Engineering organization supporting product line(s) within the growing Vascular business unit.
- Oversee implementation of “ best in class” manufacturing methodologies through the application of engineering fundamentals, applied research, and Design for Manufacturability (DFM) principles.
- Drive continuous improvements in design, process, test operations, and tooling to improve quality, increase throughput and reduce cost of commercial products.
- Partner with R&D to facilitate new product development.
- Build Design For Manufacturability (DFM) and Design for Test (DFT) capability to drive excellence in manufacturing process, tooling and test development and support new product transfer to manufacturing, either from in-house R&D projects or acquisition activity.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (ME, ChemE, or EE)
- 12+ years experience in medical device manufacturing; minimum 7 years in management, building and leading teams which support clinical and commercial products.
- Experience working in a high volume, repetitive manufacturing environment; catheter manufacturing experience preferred.
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and project execution in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Expertise in GMP, ISO 13485 and MDD requirements as applicable to this position.
- Six Sigma project/ program leadership experience required.
- Experience insourcing and outsourcing product lines.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.