Digital V&V Engineer
15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Digital Verification and Validation Engineer opportunity.
- Develop Digital I&C V&V Plans, Procedures and Policies in accordance with applicable NRC Reg Guides and Standards.
- Provide technically independent review and verification of systems, software and hardware requirements, design documents, and specifications, participate in Configuration Management (CM) audits and reviews, and software safety analysis.
- Generate design lifecycle phase V&V reports, including CM reports, as defined by the V&V planning documentation.
- Participate and support auditing, inspections and review of suppliers.
- Assess, and as necessary participate, in code and high-level software and firmware language reviews.
- Plan, execute and report systems, software and hardware testing throughout the digital lifecycle.
- Support continuous learning and application of nuclear industry best practices in order to maintain the highest quality of engineering design and proactively identify process change/enhancement opportunities.
- Integrate with work of other disciplines, engineers, scientists, and subject matter experts
- Interface with and support licensing activities associated with Safety Analysis Reports.
- B.S. or higher in Controls, Electrical, or related discipline from an accredited university
- 5+ years direct experience performing NQA-1 Design Verification activities.
- Candidates should have experience in instrumentation and controls development, diagnostics, and a demonstrated ability to audit, inspect review, verify, and validate industrial I&C platforms, applications, integrated systems and generate applicable phase reports.
- Experience with I&C system, software and hardware testing.
- Previous experience with nuclear reactor safety systems or nuclear instrumentation systems designs desired.
- Familiarity with RG 1.28, RG 1.168, RG 1.169, RG 1.170, RG 1.171, RG 1.172, RG 1.173, IEEE 7-4.3.2, IEEE 1012, IEEE 1028 IEEE 828, IEEE 829, IEEE 1008, IEEE 1074 and IEEE 1028 a plus.
- Familiarity with design control and development in accordance with nuclear power plant quality assurance (e.g., 10 CFR 50 Appendix B, ASME NQA-1).
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and aspiration for technical excellence.
- Candidate must be a self-starter and possess ability to coordinate with a team with minimal direction on tasks and activities.
- Ability to work on multiple simultaneous tasks that require a multi-disciplinary approach.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect and a desire to foster teamwork.
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- Pay Rate Range: $60-90/h DOE
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.