Device Integration/Packaging Engineer
14360 SE Eastgate Way Bellevue, WA 98007
Position Title: Device Packaging/Integration Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington for an experienced Device Packaging/Integration Engineer.
- Perform simulations to evaluate and optimize the mechanical, thermal, and electrical performance of design and process concepts
- Design test vehicles and experiments to validate the performance and reliability of proposed designs and methods
- Develop and document capabilities and limitations of selected device integration methods
- Develop and manage vendor relations that ensure the design and methods can be scaled for high volume production
- Partner with the R&D and Engineering teams to ensure the design and methods meet all requirements
- Partner with the R&D and Engineering teams to evaluate whether next-generation architectures are feasible
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Systems Engineering
- 5+ years of design and development experience with die attach packages for MOSFET, wide bandgap, power electronics, sensor, or MEMS applications
- Broad understanding of design and manufacturing aspects of die attach processes and applications
- Familiarity with electronic package design and processes like thick- and thin-film metallization, electrodeposition, electroless deposition, pick and place equipment, ceramic substrates, electrical interconnects, bonding methods, etc.
- Knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and thermal engineering design and processes associated with electronics packaging
- Ability to translate technical requirements into simulations and experiments that validate and optimize the performance of a design and method
- Detailed knowledge of some or all of the following: optical microscopy, electron microscopy (e.g., SEM), EDS, mechanical cross-sections, electrical test tools, electrical debugging and analysis, and other package-level failure analysis techniques
- Demonstrated success as an engineering team member in the development, design, testing, and production of a microfabricated device that was integrated in a product for industrial and/or commercial applications
- Experience developing material specifications for contract assemblers and raw material vendors
- Some understanding of product development and engineering project management
- Impeccable written and verbal communication
- Ability and enthusiasm to work as part of a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse team
- Master’ s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Materials Engineering
- 3+ years experience in a startup environment
- Experience with 3D chip layout/stacks, TSV’ s and interconnects.
- Experience working with semiconductor foundries.
- Solid state power and high temperature electronics industry experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.