12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Developer 5
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- As an Embedded Firmware Engineer you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products.
- You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment.
- You will participate in the design, integration and improvement of the FW stacks for the main computational board embedded in our devices.
- This includes designing and implementing a wide range of low-level embedded software on our hardware platform, including device drivers, Linux kernel modules, porting existing software to new embedded platforms, and other low-level programming activities.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent required.
- 10+ years of Software development experience.
- 7+ years of firmware and device driver development
- C and embedded SW development expertise.
- Experience using Git source control management system.
- Solid understanding of end-to-end SW development tool chains and environments.
- Hands-on experience in working with Linux-based devices.
- Hands-on experience on developing BSP for Linux and or Android based devices.
- Experience with embedded processors for cellphones, tablets or consumer electronic devices.
- Linux kernel and driver development experience required.
- Experience working in both prototyping and formal product development environments
- Understanding of security issues related to deployments of common network applications and protocols
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience on ARM multi-core processors.
- Experience working with ISP, DSPs, and GPUs for embedded applications.
- Knowledge of wireless BLE 4.0 protocols, TCP/IP networking, understand 802.11 protocol
- Experience working with cellular modems and modules
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.