777 Palomar Avenue Sunnyvale, CA 94085 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity for DevOps Engineer with our client that is in Sunnyvale, CA.
- Has a complete understanding of the software development process, participates in the development of the software process, can identify shortcomings in the process and recommend modifications to address process issues.
- Provides technical guidance to less experienced engineers and serves as technical expert. Explains the system to them and ensures that they understand their areas of responsibility. Serves as a mentor for less experienced engineers.
- Proactively takes on responsibility.
- Communicates with outside decision makers in a manner appropriate to the goals of the communication and has effective presentation skills.
- Able to convey the implications of changes to internal and external stakeholders who have differing levels of understanding of the process.
- Integrates subsystems and components in total systems designs; develops specifications from customer requirements.
- Provides effort estimates for software functionality. Plans, conducts, and technically directs projects or sub-systems of significant projects. Assesses areas impacted by new feature requests and determine approach to accommodate new capabilities.
- Acts as a mentor to several engineers on the program. Explains the system to them and ensures that they understand their areas of responsibility.
- Helps implement leading technologies in a technical field. Incorporates advancements in technology on current project.
- Develops High Level Design for entire software application, which includes ability to assign capabilities to components, negotiate interactions between components, and identify and resolve component interaction issues. Review at the feature level.
- Contract: 6 months.
- Pay Rate: $50-61hr
- Location: Sunnyvale, CA (Onsite)
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.