15800 Northup Way Bellevue, WA 98008 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract DevOps Engineer opportunity.
- Plan the deployment and configuration of enterprise applications supporting software development, including GitHub, Jenkins and Docker
- Perform regular maintenance tasks including application patching, app/plugin updates, and configuration changes
- Identify opportunities and drive the implementation of automation to improve service health, manageability, reliability, and monitoring
- Author functional and technical documentation
- Own, triage, investigate, and resolve service issues with our enterprise applications
- Communicate on a technical level with software engineers, project management, and operations teams to improve and optimize products, improve infrastructure, and evolve services
- Remain current on new technologies, methods, and procedures
- Contribute to DevOps application support as a tier 3 escalation resource
- Demonstrate end-to-end expertise and technical ownership in several of the following areas:
- Cloud technologies - Azure PaaS
- Data center technologies – Windows Server, VMware
- Infrastructure Automation for Windows Server/Linux
- Disaster Recovery
- Follow internal best practices for approval of application access and changes
- Three (3) years of experience with DevOps enterprise technologies, GitHub, Jenkins preferred
- Deep understanding of core DevOps practices
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to build productive working relationships with others
- Experience with these technologies:
- Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
- AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
- Linux RHEL 7-8.x
- Windows 2016-2022
- Strong communication skills desired
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect, and a desire to foster teamwork
- Actual position starting level and title will be determined based on assessment of qualifications.
- College Degree
- Experience with infrastructure software including Docker
- Experience with applications running in a primarily Windows Server environment
- Experience with SQL technologies and backend application databases
- Experience in configuration management technologies such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible.
- Experience with AWS or another cloud PaaS provider.
- Solid understanding of configuration, deployment, management, and maintenance of cloud-hosted systems; including auto-scaling, monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting and disaster recovery.
- Proficiency with source control, continuous integration, and testing pipelines.
- Experience with these technologies:
- Linux RHEL 7-8
- SQL, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Pay Rate Range: TBD
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.