Desktop Support Analyst
Belcamp, MD 21017
Position Title: Desktop Support Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Belcamp, Maryland.
- Respond to, Research and resolve, end-user issues/problems/questions received mainly through “ Service Now”, our call tracking software, but occasionally via email, telephone calls, or escalations, and provide support on desktop systems, in accordance with current standards and SLA' s
- Manage vendor relations to ensure service level agreements are met and equipment is maintained.
- Manage desktop, Printer, Scanner and server inventory.
- Provide remote and hands on support to all corporate desktops, laptops, iPhones, scan guns, peripherals, printers, including additional hardware/software requests.
- Assist with projects and long-term strategic planning of warehouse management when necessary.
- Create and/or maintain clear documentation pertaining to the desktop environment.
- Evaluate existing processes and find better ways to support the business
- Dependable and able to work within a team or independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Strong customer focus and a sincere desire to provide outstanding support and service.
- 3+ years of Desktop Support experience providing support for a large (200+ end user) environment
- MCSE or currently working toward it.
- Strong understanding of the Windows family of operating systems, including file systems, the registry, security, Active Directory integration and Exchange
- Flexibility in work schedule, off hours for project implementation and possible 24X7 on-call support.
- Technical writing experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Laser and barcode printer experience are both helpful.
- Experience with warehouse operations, including the flow of materials from inbound receipt to outbound shipping also a plus.
- Project management experience and change management skills are helpful.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.