Design Project Manager
7700 Gateway Blvd Newark, CA 94560
Position Title: Design Project Manager
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Newark, California.
- Managing and monitoring project or program schedules, progress, and costs to ensure that expected results are delivered on time and within budget
- Allocating project resources with discipline functional managers including:
- Industrial Design
- CMF Design
- Consumer Insight Specialist
- Packaging Structure and Graphics
- Creating, maintaining, and updating project plans as needed
- Consolidating, communicating, and driving issue resolutions to closure
- Maintaining and publishing a project dashboard to communicate status of projects
- Scheduling project kick off meetings / reviews with stakeholders
- Publishing meeting minutes, action item logs, and updated schedules to track project status
- Providing functional expertise to assess potential schedule risks and operational impact
- Process & drive external vendor SOWs to closure via contract tool in partnership with Design Lead and Legal Partners
- Process POs, forecast costs, and update budget / financial trackers
- Prior experience managing consumer product packaging structure and graphics very helpful.
- Be a self-starter and independently manage projects and processes
- Be an avid learner of new processes and systems
- Connect the dots at a strategic level to support cross functional teams
- See the big picture and get granular with the details
- Lean in and learn new systems and processes
- Bring an open and curious mindset to everything you do
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Have an upbeat, can-do attitude and work well with creatives
- Team-player able to seamlessly partner with designers, marketing and engineering
- Strong change management and scheduling skills
- Proactive and solutions oriented with a positive attitude to challenges
- Able to juggle conflicting priorities
- Be fun to work with!
- 4+ years Project/ Program Management experience in high tech and consumer products environment with cross functional teams
- Superior project scoping, project timeline development, risk assessment and prioritization skills
- Experience creating comprehensive project timelines utilizing project management software, e.g. MS Project, Workfront, At-Task, Smart Sheet., etc.
- Understanding of how to use Google -- Drive, Documents, Sheets, and Slides
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.