Design Engineer (Systems)
Bothell, WA 98011 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Design Engineer opportunity located in Bothell, WA.
- Designs and checks mechanical aircraft interior furnishing, structures and/or systems.
- Ensures designs meet customer criteria, quality standards and FAA requirements.
- Adheres to budget and project schedules.
- Provides design guidance and feedback to other engineering personnel.
- Provides liaison engineering support.
- Maintains regular attendance including being at work, being on time to work and working full shifts.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in engineering, minimum of 5 years relevant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Aviation background and aircraft interior experience preferred.
- Ability to check engineering drawings for Fit, Form and Function.
- Strong Computer Aided Drafting/Design skills using AutoCAD and/or Inventor.
- Three dimensional (3D) design/drafting skills are preferred.
- Knowledge of industry design and documentation standards.
- Experience with mechanical assemblies and manufacturing technique design.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally as part of an established and growing team.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time-management and organizational skills.
- Experience adhering to budget and project schedules.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time, use hands to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and have close/color vision ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Ability to work outside of core business hours as required.
- Location: Bothell, WA
- Hourly Rate: $50-$70
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to product development companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have an ability to connect with engineers easily, with an engineering background myself, I can relate and communicate using the same language. I have been working in Technical staffing at Protingent since 2011. I have two dogs, Kaleb & Kayce and two cats, Mika and Shiloh. I am originally from upstate New York, but love living in the Pacific Northwest! I have a passion for cars, old and new.