Data Scientist - Omaha, NE
Omaha, NE 68007
Position Title: Data Scientist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity for a Data Scientist with our client located in Omaha, Nebraska.
- You will design, develop, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move, analyze, and model data and to provide intuitive analytics from Rhombus’ large and complex datasets.
- A strong systematic mind is a priority, as well as the ability to communicate clearly in multiple technical contexts.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about finding insights in large datasets, while maintaining attention to database architecture, data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- We are continually releasing new features and products, the ability to construct elegant system-level data architecture is expected.
- Discover datasets that could help in solution development
- Data curation, analysis, quantitative modeling
- Validation and quality assurance of data, models and results
- Deploy and implement solutions in collaboration with product team
- Interact with the product team on current and upcoming user requirements
- Masters or Ph.D. in Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering, especially numerical methods and simulations – we have multiple openings
- Strong background in database management solutions, familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Large-scale data processing and implementing batch processing pipelines in HPC or cloud architecture
- Background in Statistics is expected, and Experience with Machine Learning is a bonus
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments (AWS, GCloud, Azure) is a plus
- Come join our cross-disciplinary and world-class team of technologists who are working hard every day to deliver game-changing solutions to transform national security.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.