Data Scientist - Washington DC
washington, DC 20002 US
Job Title: Data Scientist
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire opportunity available for a Data Scientist with our client located in Washington DC.
- As a Data Scientist you will work with our Product team. You will design, develop, and launch efficient and reliable data pipelines to move, analyze, and model data and to provide intuitive analytics from large and complex datasets.
- A strong systematic mind is a priority, as well as the ability to communicate clearly in multiple technical contexts.
- The ideal candidate should be passionate about finding insights in large datasets, while maintaining attention to database architecture, data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- As we are continually releasing new features and products, the ability to construct elegant system-level data architecture is expected.
- Discover datasets that could help in solution development
- Data curation, analysis, quantitative modeling
- Validation and quality assurance of data, models and results
- Deploy and implement solutions in collaboration with product team
- Interact with the product team on current and upcoming user requirements
- Masters or Ph.D. in Sciences, Mathematics or Engineering, especially numerical methods and simulations
- Must have: strong modeling and simulation experience and Python.
- Strong background in database management solutions, familiarity with databases such as MySQL and Oracle
- Large-scale data processing and implementing batch processing pipelines in HPC or cloud architecture
- Background in Statistics is expected, and Experience with Machine Learning is a bonus
- Experience with Cloud Computing environments (AWS, GCloud, Azure) is a plus
- Direct Hire
- Current Secret Clearance, TS-SCI is required
- Work Authorization: US Citizens
- Location: Washington DC
- Salary Range -$75k-200k (DOE, Negotiable)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Meet Your Recruiter
I have worked in Technical staffing for over 17 years in the Pacific NW primarily, and Nationally. My specialty is finding candidates for contract, contract to hire and direct hire jobs in Technical & Engineering fields for some of the greatest Hardware & Software product development companies around. I listen to what you are looking for and will ensure your resume looks great. I am honest and communicative throughout the hiring process. I am passionate about putting our Veterans back to work, and helping underrepresented people get into STEM careers.