170 West Tasman Drive San Jose, CA 95134
Position Title: Data Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in San Jose, California.
- Develop and maintain the ECAD library which involves creation of 3D models, PCB and work closely with data scientists and analysts to design, create and maintain scalable data models and pipelines
- Acquire and integrate data from various data sources (cloud, databases, Hadoop, sensors, weblogs and social)
- Process and analyze huge sets of data in Hadoop (both structured and unstructured)
- Perform data discovery, integration and identify / fix data quality issues
- Build automate data pipelines and produce feature rich analytical datasets
- Implement automated processes for tracking data quality and consistency
- Perform impact assessment and deep dive analysis to ensure data integrity, usability and completeness
- 5+ years hands-on implementation or consulting experience building large-scale systems
- 3+ years of Software Development experience
- BA/BS degree required; Computer Science, Math or Technical background highly desired; Advanced Degree a plus
- Solid PL/SQL, Database design and Python development skills
- Good understanding Database design and data modeling concepts
- Team player with positive can-do attitude, energetic and proactive
- Experience with NoSQL (SAP Hana, HBase, HDFS, Cassandra or MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience Hive, Spark, Python, GCP (BigQuery)
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.