1750 Broadway, Suite 300 Oakland, CA 94612
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity with our client in Oakland, California.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL, Airflow, Spark and AWS technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including executives, Marketing, Product, and Compliance to assist with data-related technical issues and support data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our platform.
- Work with data and analytics experts to create new functionality in our data systems.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases including RDS and PostgreSQL.
- Experience building and optimizing data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable data stores.
- Strong project management, communication and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field. They should also have experience using the following software/tools:
- Experience with big data tools: Spark (Qubole)
- Experience with relational SQL: Postgres
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow,
- Experience with AWS cloud services: RDS, Redshift, s3
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- Experience with infrastructure technologies: docker, nomad, terraform
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates