DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST - 2nd Shift.
525 Market St Salt Lake City, UT 94105
Position Title: DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST – 2nd Shift.
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Research, resolve, and respond to end-user issues/problems/questions received mainly through “ Service Now”, our call tracking software, but occasionally via email, telephone calls, or escalations, and provide support on desktop systems, in accordance with current standards and SLA' s.
- Work with vendors to ensure service level agreements are met and equipment is maintained.
- Provide regular tracking of desktop, printer and server inventory.
- Provide remote and hands on support to all corporate desktops, laptops, iPhones, scan guns, peripherals, printers, including additional hardware/software requests.
- Assist with projects and long-term planning of warehouse management.
- Create and/or maintain clear documentation pertaining to the desktop environment.
- Be willing to aid team members at other DCs in resolving complex issues.
- Evaluate existing processes and create automated solutions to better support the business.
- Strong customer focus and a sincere desire to provide outstanding support and service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Must be a quick learner of new equipment and processes. Reliable when assigned a task, and quick to ask questions when uncertain.
- Must be punctual
- Must be comfortable working with all levels of the organization as well as all technologies used in our DC environment and understanding levels of associates.
- Current MCSE or working toward it, or 5+ years of Desktop Support experience providing support for a large (300+ end user) environment.
- Must have a solid understanding of and experience using Active Directory.
- Strong understanding of the Windows family of operating systems, including file systems, the registry, security, integration and Exchange.
- Under some circumstances may need to work off hours for project implementation and possible 24X7 on-call support.
Preferred Job Requirements:
- Laser printer basic repair and troubleshooting.
- Zebra printer basic repair and troubleshooting.
- Power Shell and environmental scripting.
- Experience of warehouse operations, including the flow of materials from inbound receipt to outbound shipping also a plus.
- Technical writing experience
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
I have been a Technical recruiter for over 20 years, much of that time with Protingent. My passion is teaching people how to manage their career and effectively look for work. I will keep working with a candidate until we find that right fit. I want to know what your dream job would be so I can help you find it.