Cyber Security Engineer 4
12920 SE 38th Street Bellevue, WA 98006
Position Title: Cyber Security Engineer 4
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Bellevue, Washington.
- The role of a CSOC Security Engineer is the detailed and repeatable execution of all operational tasks as documented in processes and subordinate procedures, specifically:
- May require shift work in a 24x7 Cyber Security Operations Center
- Monitor incoming event queues for potential security incidents per operational procedures
- Perform triage, analysis, and response of security alerts to determine and initiate appropriate courses of action, with escalation as defined by established procedures
- Collect and organize alert, event and triage data to produce reports to provide feedback to existing content, inform new content, and measure relevant KPIs
- Provide support for and collaboration with higher-tier support teams to investigate escalated incidents
- Assist in the development of new security operations processes as well as the refinement or improvement of existing processes
- Monitor CSOC ticket (or email) queue for potential event reporting from outside entities and individual users
- Maintain CSOC shift logs with relevant activity from current shift.
- Document investigation case notes, ensuring relevant details are passed to CIRT for escalated incident analysis
- Update or reference CSOC knowledge management repository as necessary for changes to CSOC processes and procedures and ingest CSOC daily intelligence reports and previous shift pass downs
- Conduct security research and intelligence gathering on emerging threats and exploits
- US Citizenship required
- 2-4 years of experience as a SOC or Incident Response investigator or equivalent work experience
- Conversant with cyber security intrusion analysis concepts and techniques
- Understanding of security incident investigation and log analysis
- Experience investigating security incidents, threats and vulnerabilities
- Demonstrable knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, OSI model and network forensics), operating systems (Windows/MacOS/Linux), and web technologies (web applications, database security, web servers)
- Ability to read and understand system data, including, but not limited to, security event logs, system logs, and firewall logs
- High degree of attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Job Qualifications:
- Experience supporting Cyber Security Operations in a large enterprise environment
- Experience with SIEM & Log Management solutions
- Experience with enterprise systems administration
- Experience in administration and maintenance of enterprise networks
- CCNA Security, GCIA, GCIH or other related security certifications
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent work experience
- Course work in Cyber Security is strongly preferred
- General/Physical Requirements
- Must sit for extended periods of time. Extensive computer and telephone utilization.
- Shift work in a 24x7 Cyber Security Operations Center
- Participation in on-call rotation may be required
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.