Cyber Security Analyst
15055 SW Sequoia Pkwy, Suite 100 Portland, OR 97224
Position Title: Cyber Security Analyst
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting direct hire opportunity in Portland, Oregon.
- Responsible for NIST-800-171 documentation, policies, procedures, auditing and related Cybersecurity documentation
- Implement methods (tools and procedures) for gathering and reporting data from various technical controls, e.g. inventory scanners, patching systems, anti-virus, email gateways, system logs, and others, for compliance
- Review security events (for malicious or prohibited behaviors, or system faults) using approved tactics, techniques, tools and procedures and escalate events (as needed) for further investigation. Partner with other support organizations and team members as required to address findings.
- Perform basic level risk and vulnerability analysis/assessment on select products, including but not limited to: Windows Active Directory, VPN, anti-virus, patches, DLP products, Privileged User Monitoring and log monitoring
- Collaboratively define and implement security hardening configurations, procedures and standards for network equipment, server and end user device operating systems following industry and DoD contractor best practices
- Ongoing enhancements to the security of existing technologies including network, anti-malware, firewall, IDS/IPS, PKI, etc.,
- Conduct internal audits to confirm configuration and procedure compliance
- Drive creation and implementation of custom alerting rules, searches, and dashboards for review and investigations
- Providing ongoing gap analysis of current controls, policies, practices, and procedures as they relate to relevant guidelines outlined by DFARS, NIST 800-171, OMB, FISMA, etc.
- Performance requires physical attendance
- Other duties as assigned
- US Citizenship Required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in an Information Technology Security role required
- Minimum 1-year experience implementing and documenting security controls, policies and procedures in a cybersecurity IT framework such as; NIST-800-171/800-53, HIPAA/HITECH, PCI-DSS or NERC-CIP
- BS/BA Computer Science, IT or Security certifications, including, ISA, GCIA, GCIH, GREM, CEH, etc. is highly desired
- Knowledge of deploying or supporting enterprise SIEM/logging infrastructure such as syslogs, AlienVault, Splunk a plus
- Knowledge of auditing and remediating Cybersecurity systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail and quality orientation is a must
- Must be able to self-organize workloads and manage all deadlines
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.