Controls Software Engineer
9600 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070
Position Title: Controls Software Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Wilsonville, Oregon.
- Works with a team of other experienced and innovative engineers and technicians to develop first time, custom automated equipment.
- Works on projects from the analysis of a client’ s needs through component selection, control software design, programming, debug, installation, final buy-off with customer, and follow-on warranty/upgrade support.
- Drives personal or company vehicle to customers’ facilities for project meetings, design reviews, start-up training, and follow-up review.
- C#.NET/C++ programming skills (min 4 years of experience).
- Proficient C#.NET GUI development skills.
- Experience with Version Control Software (GIT, VSS, Subversion, etc.).
- Experience with machine vision programming.
- Schematic reading experience a plus.
- Able to integrate into an existing software engineering team environment.
- Able to use existing standards, procedures, and practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet project deadlines in a multi-tasking environment.
- Sense of urgency to meet project schedules.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- PC-based machine controls.
- Servo based motion control.
- Use Microsoft software – Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’ s license, acceptable driving record, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
- Requires domestic/international travel for installation and support. Typically, 3, 3-week trips/year.
- Must be eligible for or have a valid passport.
- BSEE or BSME.
- Minimum of 5 years recent automated machine controls experience (including hands-on debugging of real-time machine control software, electronics, and mechanical systems).
- 10 years additional experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Robotic hardware/software systems integration.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.