3909 Three Oaks Rd Cary, IL 60013 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Controls Engineer opportunity located onsite with our client in Cary IL .
- Create new connections of existing production equipment to the network
- Research and design interfaces between PLC and network as necessary to fulfill connection requirements.
- Increase data collection from existing connected equipment.
- Supervise and assist electrical contractors for new ethernet cable and new displays.
- Create/modify electrical schematics to work with in house technicians.
- Identify PLC tags necessary to generate availability, performance, and quality data.
- Work with partnered contractor to enable historian (Ignition) tracking of data.
- Review historian data for accuracy and correct issues as necessary.
- Generate BOM for installation or modification of PLC, electrical cabinet, displays, etc.
- Develop appropriate supporting documentation.
- A.S., A.A.S., or certifications in engineering technology, automation, or related field required.
- 2 years of experience in PLC controls, equipment integration, data historian, or related field.
- Demonstrated interest and working with automation equipment and implementing machine connections.
- General familiarity with machine safety and LOTO. Preferred qualifications:
- High speed automation experience.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication, collaborative teamwork, and problem solving.
- Experience in medical manufacturing environment. Technical knowledge:
- Experience with PLC programming and commonly used PLCs
- Able to identify PLC tags, modify and create PLC sub-routines
- Proficiency with troubleshooting network connections for ethernet, profibus, and modbus
- Knowledge of electrical schematics and ability to create necessary drawing notes or modifications for input and output connections
- Skill with Microsoft office Preferred technical knowledge
- Familiarity with database integration between PLC and historian server o Experience with Ignition data historian.
- Pay Rate Range: $50-56/h
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.