Construction Project Manager
100 Rivian Motorway Bloomington, IL 61761 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract Construction Project Manager that is located in Normal, IL.
Job Responsibilities: The Construction Project Manager works closely with the broader Facilities team and multiple cross-functional partners, leading Facilities construction projects to ensure all financial, administrative, contractual, and technical aspects of multiple projects are being executed as required. Product types associated with this role may include, but are not limited to, sitework, core and shell, TI, other modifications of manufacturing and manufacturing support facilities. Construction often occurs during ongoing operation.
The Construction Project Manager oversees one or more projects of elevated complexity, with direct responsibility for successful delivery of projects within the Production portfolio. The Construction Project Manager actively collaborates with all project team members, stakeholders, end users and leadership. It is expected that the Construction Project Manager will be on site for all active projects under their responsibility.
In addition to project delivery responsibilities, the Construction Project Manager is an expert in administering process and may be called upon to assist in defining processes and procedures for the overall improvement of project delivery.
• Construction manager must be on site a minimum of 4 days per week. Full time on site is preferred.
• Provide project oversight to ensure quality and have direct responsibility over the work product of the project team(s)
• Ensure all projects are in conformance with established schedule, budget, quality, and safety criteria always
• Directly responsible for achieving the stated KPI’s established at project kick-off through project completion and turn-over
• Develop and implement strategies to mitigate risk and increase efficiency on individual projects
• Strategically resolve project issues by coordinating solutions at the team level when possible -Prepare materials to escalate decisions when needed
• Take initiative to create, recommend and implement project improvements
• Oversee contractor and vendor contracts, including thorough review of and input into RFP documents and the overall procurement process, ensuring contractors and vendors are delivering on contract requirements, ensuring timely administration of PO issuance, invoice payment and contract closeout
• Accountable for comprehensive Cost/Schedule management and forecasting utilizing the tools and templates
• Regularly communicate project health (budget, schedule, quality)
• Support the safety vision and ensure compliance with all safety rules, policies and procedures by your team and contractors at the Plant
• Provide mentorship to more junior level project managers and members of adjacent teams
• Participate in team building and promote cross-functional engagement to allow for our teams to integrate and get to know each other, beyond a simple working relationship.
• Develop, maintain and manage detailed project cost tracker
• Lead or have direct input into PES/financial approvals
• Process invoices, change orders and other contractual cost mechanisms in a timely manner each month. Review and vet change requests prior to requesting other internal review or approval.
• Develop project schedule and perform regular reviews to confirm alignment with actual project progress
• Lead resolution of schedule risk/slippage
• Manage and be primary point of contact for contractor and vendor contracts, including ensuring contract deliverables are received and overseeing quality of work performed
• Coordinate fieldwork. Over communicate logistics plans, particularly in active areas
• Provide design document reviews and provide constructability and construction logistics expertise
• Communicate project updates, risks, action items - Lead or have direct input into Slack and FOS updates
• Identify and engage all potential stakeholders
• Point of contact for communication with contractors and vendors
• Exhibit advanced skillset in project delivery:
? Demonstrate a breadth of experience in complex project types and delivery methods - experience in construction management in operating manufacturing environments is preferred
? Possess the ability to prioritize between multiple responsibilities and project issues
? Be a clear and concise communicator
? Be knowledgeable in the theory, principles, and practices of construction
? Demonstrate analytical skills, including the ability to negotiate with contractors and consultants
? Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate leadership qualities:
? Lead projects providing professional influence on the work exemplifying respect, leadership, collaboration, commitment, vision, and teamwork
? Exhibit sphere of influence across project teams, end users and contractors
? Be perceptive in determining when to zoom out and when to get into details
? Support and provide “customer service mentality” for multiple internal stakeholders effectively
?Lead a project team in effectively solving problems and conflicts
? Lead by example and over deliver on commitments
? Make objective decisions and provide direction to project teams
? Demonstrate enthusiasm for resolving challenges
? Identify areas of opportunity for improvement and lead new workflow and process maps to alleviate pain points that the team are experiencing
• Demonstrate organizational qualities:
? Ability to organize large amounts of information into digestible, verbal, and visual forms of communication
? Possess excellent written and oral communication skills to support decisions and recommendations, including the skills to communicate to leadership
? Manage multiple projects and issues effectively
• Have 5+ years of experience in delivery of construction projects – college degree in construction management and/or engineering related field desired.
• Exhibit proficiency in industry standard collaboration tools (i.e. Bluebeam, ACC, Smartsheet, Procore, etc.).
• Location: Normal, IL (Onsite)
• Pay Rate Range: $75 - $86/hr
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salaries, insurance plan options (HDHP plan or POS plan), education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO), and an administered 401k plan.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.