Redmond, WA 98052
Position Title: Component Engineer
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting contract opportunity with our client in Redmond Washington for an experienced Component Engineer.
- Works closely with Electrical Engineers to create schematic symbols and PCB component footprints
- Publish library parts to the library for use by the EE team
- Process library requests for new parts and analyze/modify existing library parts for improved readability of the schematic or manufacturability of the component footprint
- Verify and validate schematic symbols and physical footprints for parts created by others as needed for accuracy
- Bachelor of Science degree in analytical or engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years component engineering *and* database management
- Deep understanding of Altium symbols, footprints, libraries
- Complete understanding of Altium-based PCB schematic and layout flow
- Proficient in MySQL, Microsoft SQL, or similar relational database
- Understanding of IPC symbol, footprint, and naming conventions
- Scripting/coding in Python, C#, or other contemporary and widely-used language. (not VBA, Perl, Lisp, etc.)
- Scripting/coding in SQL
- Familiar with REST APIs
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.
Benefits Package: Protingent offers competitive salary, 100% paid health insurance, education/certification reimbursement, pre-tax commuter benefits, Paid Time Off (PTO) and an administered 401k plan.