Cloud Operations Manager
palo alto, CA 94301 US
Position Description: Protingent Staffing has an exciting Direct Hire Cloud Operations Manager opportunity-can located in Washington DC or Palo Alto CA .
- Our client is seeking a Cloud Operations Manager to coordinate and support our talented team of development operations engineers in designing, building, and maintaining our cutting-edge, cloud-based applications.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong background in application development and deployment/DevSecOps. As a manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the entire cloud deployment life cycle, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within budget, and fostering a collaborative and innovative environment! Continual improvement, innovation and automation are vital aspects of this role.
- You will be responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with senior executives and leaders of our governmental clients, working with these stakeholders to fully understand their needs, and owning end to end implementation of our cloud deployment strategies.
- This role requires entrepreneurial instinct and the grit lead cross-functional projects independently.
- Drive efforts to continually increase effectiveness of our technical teams (e.g., diagnosing team pain points and executing changes to address, creating scalable processes, strengthening decision-making, anticipating needs, improving access to information), and most of all, adapting to the new needs of a growing and evolving company.
- Work to establish new processes, documenting existing processes, or encourage streamlining of processes when appropriate.
- Collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to build robust cloud deployment plans that meet operational need while effectively managing risks to mission.
- Mastery in translating/communicating the operational or mission impact of technical issues to a wide range of audiences from DevSecOps Engineers, to client success, senior leaders, and end users.
- Coordinate and orchestrate teams across the development and deployment lifecycle including QA/QC, Full Stack, and data teams.
- Ensure that cloud deployment timelines are synchronized to operational and business needs
- Understand schedule, requirements, and workload to balance delivery
- Develop processes and workflows to synchronize cross-functional teams efforts to manage workload/balance priorities
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or similar field is preferred.
- Working knowledge of AWS (containerized deployments, etc.)
- Being able to build tools from scratch when needed!
- Must have strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- We’re seeking folks with strong intellectual curiosity and creativity, with an ability and willingness to learn new skills and apply novel solutions to problems
- Comfort in a fast-paced start-up environment is crucial, with the ability to consistently revise your approach in response to new information, and to be flexible and adaptive
- Direct Hire
- Location: Onsite in either Washington DC or Palo Alto, CA
- Salary Range: $175K - $200K
- ITAR obligations are associated with this role, U.S. citizenship, U.S. legal permanent resident status, or protected person status under 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a) (1), (3) is required.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance (Secret or TS/SCI) is highly preferred.
About Protingent: Protingent is a niche provider of top Engineering and IT talent to Software, Electronics, Medical Device, Telecom, and Aerospace companies nationwide. Protingent exists to make a positive impact and contribution to the lives of others as well as our community by providing relevant, rewarding, and exciting work opportunities for our candidates.